- 3 weeks of studio space (Monday - Friday 7 - 26 September) at FORM Dance Projects in Parramatta and/or Readymade Works, Ultimo NSW;
- A presentation over 2 nights on 25 and 26 September at East Sydney Community and Arts Centre. The presentation will involve a Q&A, minimal production values such as simple lighting with a theatre capacity of 70 people per night;
-Because of the philosophy behind Out of the Studio, there is no set length that the work needs to be. Each choreographer will be given 30 mins of stage time that can include presentation of the work, explanations, discussion, followed by a 15 minute Q and A.
- The choreographer with a fee of $940 per week;
- 1 - 4 dancers or other collaborators (to be negotiated) with a fee of $882.80 per week each;
- A budget of up to $200 to spend on your work eg. for props/costumes/projector/music;
- A mentor to offer guidance at 3 points of contact (a $300 stipend for the mentor will be provided);
- Photographic documentation;
- Video documentation;
- A Producer, administrative support, marketing, production and technical support.
- The project should be solidly based in contemporary dance practices and can include collaborations with artists from other disciplines;
- Emerging choreographer;
- The artists involved should be NSW-based artists, or artists who have a demonstrated practice in NSW.
- Applications must be received by midnight 30 March 2020.
- Please note there is only one round of submissions for Out of the Studio 2020.
- The successful applicant will be notified by 27 April 2020.
- Selection will be made by a panel of industry experts
- We encourage you to contact Elle Evangelista to discuss your project [email protected]